Access the BeauCard OneAccount
Navarro College has partnered with Higher One, a financial institution, to offer students quicker access to their refunds. All student refunds, including financial aid refunds, will be disbursed to students through the BeauCard. All students should activate their BeauCard even if they do not receive Financial Aid since refunds for withdrawals and overpayments will also be disbursed to the BeauCard.
When activating their BeauCard, students have the opportunity to choose to have their refund sent to them in one of two ways:
- 1. BeauCard OneAccount
- 2. Automated deposit (ACH) to a bank account of the student's choice
The BeauCard is a debit MasterCard® that can be used to make purchases at millions of locations worldwide and online, wherever Debit MasterCard® is accepted. The BeauCard can also be used to open a free checking account, the OneAccount. Carrying the BeauCard is safer than carrying around a lot of cash, and making purchases with a debit card is easier than writing a check. All of the debit purchases show up directly on the OneAccount online bank statement so there is the added benefit of always knowing how much money you've spent, where you have spent it and how much is left in the account.
The BeauCard will be mailed to the address on file in the Registrar's Office after the student has registered. DO NOT THROW IT AWAY. You do not have to OPEN the HigherOne debit/checking account but you must make a choice as to payment method.
Why is your institution partnering with Higher One?
Because Higher One provides faster electronic options for receiving Financial Aid disbursements and other refunds, giving you more choices. Higher One allows administrators more time to focus on other student initiatives.
Parents/Sponsors, what will the OneAccount do for your student?
- Money management tools - The OneAccount is equipped with great money management tools such as a budget calculator, text message alerts and more.
- MasterCard® Zero Liability protection - Higher One offers your student peace of mind by providing MasterCard® Zero Liability policy when they make signature-based purchases with your Debit MasterCard. Zero Liability means your student is eligible for protection from fraudulent purchases made with their card. Be sure your student always safeguards your card and reports the theft promptly.
- Financial education - Students have access to Money 101, an information repository featuring informative articles and helpful tips for learning financial responsibility.
- Privacy and security - Your student's personal information is secure and will never be sold.